PLANNING YOUR MOVE
2-3 Months Before Your Move Date
- Make a list of the items you wish to move
- Make contact with removal companies to get quotes
- If moving overseas make sure to get your personal records in order.
- Fill out the required customs forms if applicable
1-2 Months Before Your Move Date
- Make arrangements to get your packing materials if you plan on doing the packing yourself
- Complete and return your acceptance forms and confirm your required moving date
- Complete forms relating to your insurance requirements
1-4 Weeks Before Your Move Date
- Safely dispose of all flammables e.g. paints, gas bottles, cleaning fluids and oils.
- Clear attic and / or basement
- Contact the relevant tradesmen to carry out any required tasks e.g. plumbers, electricians, carpenters, cleaners, etc.
- Ensure that you keep any required documents close at hand e.g. passports, travel tickets, etc before your packers arrive
The Day Of Your Move
- Outline any special instructions to the removal company upon their arrival.
- Confirm what is to be moved
- When the packing and loading is complete have a final look around to ensure that nothing gets left behind.
- Sign the inventory listing after you have checked it carefully and are happy with it
- Ensure that the property is fully locked up and secure
Upon delivery of your goods instruct the removal company where you would like items placed
Contact us now for an estimate for your move